Thank you for visiting the official website of our Municipal Institute of Learning (MILE). We hope that you will find this portal informative and useful.
As you navigate through the MILE website, you will see that each portal area (Be Informed, Come Learn, Let's Collaborate), offers a buffet of learning and sharing tools and experiences. Explore our Strategic Objectives for a good overview of what MILE is all about.
For more detailed information on what MILE offers, take a tour through our 'Be Informed' portal area.
- You will see that MILE is structured along four learning ‘pillars’: Capacity Building, Strategic Partnerships and Networks, Collaborative Research and Municipal Technical Support.
- These 4 programme ‘pillars’ are underpinned by an integrated knowledge management system.
For those practitioners more serious about enhancing their capacity, the 'Come Learn' area is for you.
- Here you will have access to a range of learning material for each of our MILE pillars.
- Arranged according to its corresponding MILE School, the material for each of the Capacity Enhancement offerings contains details for future courses, pre-session reading material, learning resources and evaluation information.
- Learning materials for the Municipal Technical Support pillar are found here too.
- Under the Knowledge Management section, you will find invaluable learning resources structured arranged according to geographic scale from eThekwini through to international learnings.
Finally for the knowledge management practitioner that registers on line with MILE, the 'Let's Collaborate' portal area offers an opportunity to co-create a range of KM resources.
- Once developed, these resources will be posted on our Come Learn facility.
Should you have any comments on our website, feel free to give us a shout. More information on how to contact us is available on our Contact Us link below.